Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2012

Suck it up, Buttercup.


Got my MRI results back today.

Good news: My ligaments and tendons look fine.
Bad news: I have Petellofemoral syndrome.
Treatments for flare ups include: Rest, icing the knee, compression and drugs.

Basically, there isn’t a damn thing I can do about it except the above. So it’s quite literally “suck it up, buttercup” and deal with it. I will admit, I was happy to find out I wasn’t going to need surgery…but, then the doctor laid the other diagnosis on me and the first words out of my mouth were, “Uh…can’t I just have surgery?” Because really, anything else? They’d be able to fix it. You can’t really fix this.  It’s most likely a result from previous injury (giant bolder, hockey, rollerblading dog). 

Don't get me wrong, I am VERY happy I don't need surgery. I just wish the issue had been something...fixable.   

The upside to this is that I can begin my work out regiment again.  I will just need to wear a brace and take it easy on my knee and cross train a bit.

And so it goes. 

1 comment:

  1. It was rock thrown on New Years Eve, it was dark, the wind was in my face, the stars were too bright and it was an accident. Blame Skylar for heaven's sake!

    ReplyDelete